1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Kies 3.0

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by WonderFull, Nov 15, 2013.

1. WonderFull

WonderFull Active Member

Apr 4, 2012
    Male
    Bahrain
    After getting the update 4.3 i tried to connect via Kies. When i connected to my Laptop Kies asked to upgrade Kies to 3.0 as Ver 2.6 is not supported by my device. I updated Kies and my S4 i9500 got connected. But now when i tried to connect my Note II an error message appears "the device is not supported by Kies 3.0". Why Samsung cannot think about it? Now i will have to wait till my Note II is upgraded to 4.3. Also same for my S3. Great work Samsung.:mad:
    :mad:

Advertisement

2. trparky

trparky Well-Known Member

Kies 2.x can be installed alongside of the new 3.0 on the same machine.

WonderFull likes this.
  3. kb0sdq

kb0sdq Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2011
    Male
    Disabled
    Oldsmar,Fl
    just a bit of info here. I have the SGH-M919N (metropcs) S4 I downloaded kies 2.6 plugged my phone in and kies said it was not compatible for os updates so I tried kies 3.0 well that also is not compatible Anyhow I got a hold of samsun folks inquirering as to why this new phone would not work on kies. and this is their answer:
    Unfortunately your device isn't supported by Kies. We apologize for the inconvenience. Is there anything else we may assist you with? ^md
    So all those that are trying to get kies to work on the metropcs version of the S4 good luck,
    ciao,