• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Kies 3 does not sync from Outlook

Go for MyPhoneExplorer - syncs with Outlook and Thunderbird. You will wonder why you ever bothered with KIES (other than for a firmware update). Also has a very usable calendar function as part of the desktop. It's free but worth a small donaton to keep the thing supported and updated. Not flashy but very practical. Not a single problem in more that 2 years of use.

Upvote 0
Just bought two new Galaxy S5 phones... I'm using the latest Kies etc... April 24, 2014. The problem I have is that I can sync my contacts in only one direction. If I add a new contact to Outlook it does show on my phone but contacts on my phone won't go to Outlook ... Using window 7 x64--- Office 2010... Does anyone also at this time have a similar issue?

Upvote 0
Well I've deleted MyPhoneExplorer from both my phone and pc.

It added an extra tab on my browsers on my pc with a default search site as home, and I can't seem to remove it! Also, everything on my (Win 8.1) pc has become unstable from the moment I installed this!

Not a happy camper!

Been running MyPhoneExplorer v1.8.5 installed on Windows 8.1 with no tabs or search site, for 6 months. When I last installed MyPhoneExplorer there was an option to not install these, during the installation and setup process.

Reactions: CargoMatatu
Upvote 0
I have had the same problem with Kies (3.2.15041.2) throwing out an error at 10 percent and stopping when sync'ing with my Outlook profile for Scheduling, contacts sync worked just fine.

** Fixed it! My Outlook profile had 4 email accounts configured in it, 3 of them were configured as POP connections and
1 was configured as a IMAP. I deleted the IMAP account and recreated it as a POP connection. Kies started working just fine after that, fast too.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones