1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Kies Air won't let me upload?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by bennylava, Jun 14, 2013.

1. bennylava

bennylava Well-Known Member

I want to put some of my music files on my ATT Samsung Galaxy S3. However, as you can see from the pic, I'm getting some kind of authorization error. How do I tell it that everything is ok and force it to let me put music on my phone?

Also, in case that fails, how can I just transfer songs directly via USB? I have never been good at that. It always just recognizes the device, then never shows the phones storage devices under "My Computer" in Windows. I'm using W7 if that makes a difference.

[​IMG]

2. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;)

If you have an SD card (and reader), i find thats the best way to transfer files as im a total computard lol :)

3. bhero

bhero Android Enthusiast

On your phone go to settings
    Wireless and networks
    USB utilities
    USB mass storage......to transfer between PC...phone

You may want to check the Kies settings. Same list under USB utilities scroll down to Kies via WiFi.

funkylogik likes this.
  4. bennylava

Thank you sir. That allowed me to at least be able to transfer files at all. But does anyone know why I'm unathorized to upload via Kies Air?

5. GTWalling

GTWalling Android Expert

Google did away with USB Mass Storage with the onset of ICS. It now connect with MTP or PTP.

funkylogik likes this.
  6. bennylava

I assume PTP means peer to peer, but what is MTP?

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews