1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

kies apps will not install...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ouatia45, Dec 20, 2011.

1. ouatia45

ouatia45 Lurker

Although kies downloads 100% the app I want, it does not install onto phone. Anyone any ideas?
    Thanks in advance.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. D-U-R-X

D-U-R-X turbo drinker

Let me start by saying that I am not familiar with your phone, but wanted to check... is it for syncing or is it for ugrading your version of Android that you want this? I ask, as my wife has the Galaxy S and I've had a bit of a mess with Keis and, like the HTC Sync software for my Desire HD, have found it to be flakey at best!

If you want to insatall it to sync your phone, then you may want to try MyPhoneExplorer, as many find this to be better (and it works on most Android devices)

ouatia45 likes this.
  3. PJ147

PJ147 Android Enthusiast

Samsung apps via kies are not supported on the galaxy ace. It even says this when you try to log on to the store via kies.

If you want apps, use the android market, samsung apps on your phone or side load them by copying the .apk file onto your phone and selecting it via the file manager.

ouatia45, gordo337 and D-U-R-X like this.
  4. D-U-R-X

D-U-R-X turbo drinker

Thanks for the answer on that PJ... I did not know that the Ace was not supported!

You should be able to use MPE (that I have linked) to sync your phone though, if you want.

5. ouatia45

ouatia45 Lurker

Many thanks for reply...the question was actually for downloading apps for the Galaxy Ace through Kies...however PJ147 has solved the problem for me, which I wasn't aware of...again thanks, much appreciated.

6. ouatia45

ouatia45 Lurker

Thanks PJ...I honestly can't say I had noticed where the Ace wasn't supported...had used Kies for downloading apps on a Wave 723 (Bada) on several occasions and just assumed it was the same process but was puzzled when it weren't happening for the Ace...my report card now reads 'must try harder' :eek:
    Thanks again.

7. D-U-R-X

D-U-R-X turbo drinker

No problemo - it was just a thought!

Have you not tried to download apps via the Android Market?

Samsung Galaxy Ace Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Ace release date was February 2011. Features and Specs include a 3.5" inch screen, 5MP camera, 278GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1350mAh battery.

February 2011
Release Date
Reviews