1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Kies Bricked my Tab 10.1

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Mclarke, Dec 24, 2011.

1. Mclarke

Mclarke Lurker

Hi everyone,

I'm super new to android and I'm in need of help bad. I just got my Tablet on Monday, & 2 nights ago I plugged it into my mac & started up the latest version of Kies. It asked me if I wanted to update to 3.2 firmware so I said ok. It downloaded the firmware in Kies, & then began to update my Tab. About 10% of the way into the update the tab & the computer disconnected from each other & I could not get them to reconnect. Now on my Tablet I have a screen that shows an icon of the tablet, a yellow triangle with an exclamation symbol in it, & the an icon of a pc, & then the message below reads "Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies & try again." I have tried to do this but it won't connect, & in the emergency recovery tab in Kies it does not appear. I called Samsung & they tried to do the built in recovery but it did not work. It ends up just rebooting the tablet back to the same screen I described earlier. So they said I would need to ship it to them for service & it would take approx 3 weeks before I got it back. I stumbled across the option to load a custom rom onto the tablet using Odin3 but
    I do not know how to use this. Is there a way to use Odin3 to put the official Rom on the Tablet, if so how. HELP!!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ReJe75

ReJe75 Member

take it back to where you bought it, tell them its a defect and get a new one. FYI - when I updated view kies it disconnected as well, but I just let it sit and came back and hour later and all was working fine.

Good luck, sorry it bombed on you.

3. bonsc

bonsc Newbie

I was about to update mine but this as put me off. Is there anyway of updating it without kies

4. bonerp

bonerp Android Expert

ODIN. I use it on S2. Not updated the tab yet though.

Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews