• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help kies connecting finally

steeharry

Aug 31, 2010
hi im new to this forum stuff. i just thought i would pass this info on.
after plugging and unplugging usb 50 plus times to get kies to connect to galaxy s i tried something different.
unticked auto connect in kies.
plugged galaxy s in with kies not running. waited until phone said connected,
then ran kies. it found phone straight away.tried 20 times, worked every time.
hope this works for you.

Reactions: forza2020
I can hardly believe it but this actually worked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I could have sworn that I tried this before many times. Maybe because a couple of days ago I disabled Kies startup in Run > msconfig so before that it had always been running in background? the other thing I did different was I had just unmounted and remounted the internal SD card. :eek:)

Whatever, I've had this phone since August and this is the first time it's connected. Thanks SOOOO much for posting this tip my friend.

Upvote 0
I can hardly believe it but this actually worked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I could have sworn that I tried this before many times. Maybe because a couple of days ago I disabled Kies startup in Run > msconfig so before that it had always been running in background? the other thing I did different was I had just unmounted and remounted the internal SD card. :eek:)

Whatever, I've had this phone since August and this is the first time it's connected. Thanks SOOOO much for posting this tip my friend.

Dude...you believe it or not i did the same thing by fluke and my phone started connecting. ...but yet kies isint able to detect my phone like it used to before...my mtp applicatuon, after connecting throughthe comp, crashes or force closes and keeps opening...and the result? No device connected. Please restore yourphone to default...it might help

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones