• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Kies doesn't recognise SGS2 and USB mount wont work

jboy1987

Jan 6, 2011
I have got two problems, maybe related.

1. The Kies software (don't think I like it) cannot connect to the SGS2. I have tried to reinstall the drivers from within kies. Win XP SP3.

2. [Solved] Impossible to mount USB storage so I can transfer files from PC to phone. Settings -> Wireless&Wifi -> USB Tools -> Connect USB mass storage to PC. It gives me the error "Connect USB cable". But of course. I connect the cable and cancel the kies thing by pressing home button. Then enter the menu again like above, this time with the error message "USB is connected. Remove the cable." WTF? It cannot mount wether the cable is connected or not. Solution: Settings -> Wireless&Wifi -> USB Tools -> Connect USB mass storage to PC. Message: "Connect USB cable". So do that without cancelling the prompt.

Thanks in advance.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones