• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Kies/Galaxy S2 and my computer

flauros

Lurker
Apr 7, 2012
Hi,
I have plugged my Galaxy S2 into my pc for the first time to update the firmware and it recommend I should backup my phone first. While doing so, the USB cable somehow managed to unplug and which stopped the process in the middle. I tried plugging my phone back in again but it wouldn't recognize my phone.

I have a Galaxy S2 and I'm using Win7. I've tried to reinstall everything but unfortunately it did not work. Can someone explain how can I resolve this issue?

Hi,
I have plugged my Galaxy S2 into my pc for the first time to update the firmware and it recommend I should backup my phone first. While doing so, the USB cable somehow managed to unplug and which stopped the process in the middle. I tried plugging my phone back in again but it wouldn't recognize my phone.

I have a Galaxy S2 and I'm using Win7. I've tried to reinstall everything but unfortunately it did not work. Can someone explain how can I resolve this issue?

Hello and welcome to Android Forums flauros! :)

I'm afraid that disconnecting the USB cable in the middle of a backup is not a good thing.

Try opening Kies, with the phone initially disconnected, and select Tools > Troubleshoot connections... and run this to re-install your drivers.

If, for any reason, this fails... see here:-

http://androidforums.com/samsung-ga...pc-suite-installion-connection-solutions.html

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones