• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help kies, gingerbread problems.

T-droid

Aug 3, 2010
hello dear android fans!

So we all got the news that gingerbread is finaly available! most of you have already installed i think. you know that kies had some problems recognizing the phone recently. i had the same problem, but i found out how to fix that. i had to factory reset my sgs. connected to pc and kies found it, took about a minute. YES! anyways i continued upgrading my device, and while upgrading kies jumped out, and i got the error message "dll load fail" NOOOO!! but my SGS iss still on upgrade status, there is a Android diggin and under that it sais Downloading and Do not turn off the Target!! so im not sure whats up, is it still downloading or not. by the way, right now kies is still searching to find my SGS. help me please.

thanks

hello dear android fans!

So we all got the news that gingerbread is finaly available! most of you have already installed i think. you know that kies had some problems recognizing the phone recently. i had the same problem, but i found out how to fix that. i had to factory reset my sgs. connected to pc and kies found it, took about a minute. YES! anyways i continued upgrading my device, and while upgrading kies jumped out, and i got the error message "dll load fail" NOOOO!! but my SGS iss still on upgrade status, there is a Android diggin and under that it sais Downloading and Do not turn off the Target!! so im not sure whats up, is it still downloading or not. by the way, right now kies is still searching to find my SGS. help me please.

thanks
If Kies has lost the device then it ain't downloading. I guess by now you will have unplugged it and done a reset - I assume you have the 3 button reset working. This should just put you back to the previous installed version. Gingerbread has apparently been pulled for the moment.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones