• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Kies not connecting

cliff_b7

Jun 22, 2011
I made the bad decision of reinstalling kies because i kept getting error messages.

After reinstalling Kies when i hook my phone up via USB kies says "connecting" and then says "please connect a device" then back to "connecting" and then it times out and says please reconnect the device.
While i am attemting to connect autoplay pops up as "SGH-1896" with some manual file paths but nothing that has to do with kies.

Please any help on this woyld be great

I also tried mini kies and it doesnt even recognize my phone when i plug it in with the usb cable.

Edit - I did try unmounting the SD card and kies found the phone and connected it but as soon as i clicked on contacts (through kies) it froze. Now when i try connecting it with unmounting sd it doesn't connect.

Edit - I have also been installing the drivers that come with kies and mini kies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones