1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Kies on Mac stuck on "Connecting"

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by gers1978, Aug 22, 2012.

1. gers1978

gers1978 Newbie

No matter whether I use WiFi or USB, Kies on my Mac (OS X 10.8) stays stuck on "Connecting" when I connect my I9300 S3. I've tried choosing "Install driver" and rebooting, no luck.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. hbryder

hbryder Android Enthusiast

I had that problem this morning, instead of using Kies in the settings, I used the Kies in the app drawer. I didn't use my desktop program to connect either. Open click start, hit ok, then open your browser and enter the address provided. Hope this works for you, this was the only way I could get mine to work.

3. danmdan

danmdan Newbie

I'm having the same trouble - can you explain

" --- instead of using Kies in the settings, I used the Kies in the app drawer --"

in a bit more detail - I have a Mac Mini OSX 10.8.1

4. Tevo40

Tevo40 Lurker

Hi, thanks but I have one more issue (using Chrome browser). To download anything from my phone I am missing the Java plugin. So I installed this via the link at the top of the page. It keeps saying its not installed even though i installed it.

5. gers1978

gers1978 Newbie

I completely formatted my Mac's hard drive and installed a vanilla 10.7 Lion OS, and then installed Kies and it STILL has this "stuck on connecting" problem!!!

6. Shwanske

Shwanske Lurker

I have the same problem macbook OSX 10.8 after i connect the samsung galaxy s 3 to the mac it keeps loading. Tis is very sad for suche an expensive phone.

7. Heisenberg123

Heisenberg123 Android Enthusiast

try this when connected pull down the notification bar, tap on "connected as.." and make sure our connected as a MTP device

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews