• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

KIES PC Suite updated with new USB drivers

Kies updated again!

Now on 2.3.2.12064_10_1 (17 Jul, 2012)
Oh joy, time for another round of Kies telling me there's an update, downloading an update, failing to apply an update, telling me there's an update, downloading an update, failing to apply an update... ad infinitum. :D

Thing is, I don't actually use the thing, so why do I feel the need to keep it updated? :smokingsomb:

Upvote 0
I noticed that Kies have been improving too. I even use it to do my contacts now. I hate it that Google puts all my google contacts in MY CONTACTS group of google and I can't get it to be removed through the phone or through the web. Using Kies, I can actually remove it from that group as long as I make sure contact is in another group.

Just don't do too many contacts at once since it might have a problem updating and you have to do all over again. Do something like 10 or 20 then sync to phone.

That said, I never really had too much problem getting Kies to recognize my phone. First time I used, updates was too slow and liable to stop in the middle. The last couple was quick and smooth.

Upvote 0
I'm having loads of trouble getting my phone to connect to kies. Have just uninstalled all the drivers as recommended. Am now re installing Kies. I wondered what all the fuss was about originally (only got my S2 in July) and it has always connect without a hitch. Updated Kies last night and I've now spent 2 hours trying without success. I did manage to connect over wifi and it showed an updated firmware for my phone. It's all in the correct mode etc. Argh. Just shows connecting.

Not out of options yet, so will post back if/when I am.

For such a good manufacturer of phones, they do seem to be let down a bit by Kies (or the usb drivers) Shame really.

Upvote 0
Hi peeps

My kies says it up to date but the version number does not show the _5 suffix after the _7 is this normal or do I not have the latest version ?

been to samsung and downloaded from there and an upgrade was performed but still no _5 suffix

The full version number, including the _5, is only shown on the Samsung download site.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones