• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Kies popup windows go blank after a second.

fartblossom

Oct 24, 2011
Running Kies on my Win 7 64 bit pc. Whenever you click on something you want to do in Kies, it uses separate popup windows as a 'wizard' to walk you though the action. On my computer the popups come up normally, but after a second or 2, go all white. I can still kindof tell what's there by hovering my mouse over the program indicator in the windows taskbar at the bottom of the screen, but it's very small and hard to read.

Somehow, i managed to get through my att upgrade to jelly bean, but it was nightmarish. I'd like to solve the problem before the next upgrade comes down the pike.

Anyone else experienced this?

I realize this thread is ancient. But I was having the same problem and nobody seemed to have an answer. This is what I did to get around it:

1. Find the Kies icon on your desktop (or wherever your program link is).
2. Right Click on the icon and choose Properties
3. Click the "Compatibility" tab
4. In the Compatibility Mode drop-down list choose "Run this program in compatibility mode for: "Windows XP (Service Pack 3)"
4. Under settings choose "Run in 256 colors" and "Disable visual themes"
5. Click "OK"
6. Start kies via that link in step 1

It's going to be ugly... very ugly, but you can read it and it does work for me.

Upvote 0
Super !

Did exactly what you said. I started Kies (Real ugly to look at) and closed it. After that I only changed the colors back to normal in the "Comptability Tab" and restarted Kies.
It looked perfect and I could update my S4 with the latest firmware.

I had re-installed Kies about 5 times without luck...

Thanx! I'm a happy man now. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones