1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Kies Problem Please Help

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by RandomVarX, Aug 13, 2012.

1. RandomVarX

RandomVarX Lurker

Hey Guys,

I have a Macbook Pro and I am having problems with the Kies software I downloaded in order to sync my music from my macbook to my Galaxy S3. When I plug in my S3 to my computer, my macbook does not even recognize the existence of the phone, which is why I had to download Kies. Now when I use Kies, Kies does recognize my phone and I am able to sync my music. But my problem lays in Kies's in ability to recognize my exact phone. As of now, Kies thinks I am using a LG phone, and says that I will not be able to apply updates to my phone. How do I fix this so that Kies recognizes that I am using a Galaxy S3? I want to be able to upgrade my phone to the new Jellybean OS when it comes out, and as of now, I will not be able to do this through Kies. Please help.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Hightech

Hightech Well-Known Member

I am also having a kies problem. I downloaded the software and installed the drivers but when I connect the phone it always connects as a media device (mtp). The only other option I am able to choose is camera (ptp).

I am unable to connect my USB disk storage etc.....any ideas?

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews