• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Kies refuses to install on Windows 7 PC

keithyd

Lurker
May 22, 2011
I can't get Kies to install on my Windows 7 Acer laptop. It gets so far, evaluates launch conditions - whatever the hell that means - then gives a dialog box for 'Error: -2 The system cannot find the file specified.'

Does anyone know what this file might be, so I could go and find it? Or are there other things I should be trying?

Thanks

Keith

I had same problem when trying to install the version downloaded directly from samsung.com. But I came across kies_win application from Download Samsung Kies for Windows 7 free - Windows 7 Download

So I tried installing this one instead. Once installed, it would automatically look for update, which was the latest version that I previously had problem with.

It's a long way to get the latest Kies version, but it works.

Good luck!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones