• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Kies + Samsung Galaxy s2

Kies 2.0 can't read my S2. Tried looking online for a solution the entire day but haven't gotten one.

I'm running Windows XP, could this be the problem?

Try deleting Kies, rebooting your computer and then do a full re-install of Kies BEFORE plugging your SG2 into the USB. This worked for a friend who was having the same problem.

Upvote 0
Still no dice. Kies still doesn't "support" the device.

Help still needed!

Got to be something going on with your computer as Kies 2 does support the SG2. I used it to snyc my phone with Outlook and it worked perfectly. I have also used it to do updates.

Does anything happen when you plug your SG2 into your USB. Does it recognize the SG2 as having a drive?

Upvote 0
I just found a solution, on the phone turn on USB debugging in Applications_Development (I also turned on Allow Mock Locations but not sure if this helped). I then reconnected my USB and the PC (Win 7) found several more drivers which installed ok. Once done I switched off debugging etc and reconnected in normal mode. This time the driver Android MTP loaded and bingo, connected to Kies.
Hope this helps

Upvote 0
The solution I found was to go into your device manager to check that all of the drivers are installed correctly. Just right click and update any phone drivers that haven't installed (yellow exclamation symbol). What happened with me was that it worked once then afterwards only Windows would recognise the phone but Kies would not respond. I turned debugging on to confirm the usb cable was working, Kies gave an error saying my phone was in an unsupported mode. That's how I knew it was a driver issue, hope this helps

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones