1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Kies software issue

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by gingersnapgirl, Jul 31, 2013.

1. gingersnapgirl

gingersnapgirl Android Enthusiast

I don't use Kies very often, but recently, I tried connecting it, and got an error that my device is not supported by Kies. I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 on AT&T, and although I've had struggles with Kies, it always connects eventually, until now.

Does anyone have any ideas? I also seem to be having trouble with the new AT&T OTA update.

2. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;)

Hey ginger. Have you tried reinstalling the samsung drivers on your pc and tried a different cable?

3. gingersnapgirl

yup.

I finally managed to download the OTA update, but it's still having trouble connecting to Kies.

funkylogik likes this.
  4. funkylogik

take it youve reinstalled kies too? Tbh the kies crapware was a major factor in me rooting my s3 lol it really is a piece of **** :beer:

5. gingersnapgirl

I'm with you 100% on Kies being a piece of ****.

I actually have not tried to reinstall Kies. I should have thought of that myself.

6. funkylogik

Lol. Reinstalling kies and the drivers are probably the only thing you can keep trying if youre sure that the data cable is ok :) good luck gingerhead :beer:

7. philayl

philayl Android Expert

I have been round computers for 27 years, and can honestly say that Kies is worst program I have ever encountered. Phil

8. gingersnapgirl

well, reinstalling "fixed" the problem. It now detects my phone as supported but says that the firmware doesn't support upgrading through Kies. So I guess I'll have to get all of my updates OTA, and can uninstall Kies completely.

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews