1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Kies_1.5.3.10113_29 issues

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by KetchupAndFries, Jan 27, 2011.

1. KetchupAndFries

None

Nov 10, 2010
    Hi guys
    I tried searching forums for an answer, but I had no luck. I want to connect my Rooted Samsung Captivate to the Kies software. I open Kies and connect the phone with the USB cable. Then on the phone I select the Kies option (firmware update). In the actual Kies software it says "connecting the device. Please wait." This goes on forever and it never actually connects to the phone.
    As an alternative I tried the option to connect as "mass storage." This connected to Kies but then it said that this connection option is not yet supported by Kies software.
    I think I have all the correct drivers. But maybe you can give me links to the newest drivers just in case? I am running Windows 7 Home Premium 32bit.
    Maybe it gives me problems because the phone is rooted? Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Thanks !

Advertisement

2. KetchupAndFries

None

Nov 10, 2010
    The same goes for Kies Mini. I uninstalled the regular Kies and got the Mini version. It says "Please connect the Device" even after I already connect my phone.

3. CrimsonPride

CrimsonPride Android Expert
    None

Jul 28, 2010
    student
    north alabama
    kies doesnt work in the us. kies mini only works if you need the firmware update

4. tarius

tarius Newbie
    None

Dec 1, 2009
    Wouldn't it be cool if I were a jr Mythbuster?
    Vancouver area
    I've almost given up on Kies. I only use MyPhoneExplorer now. I can even update files with wifi now that i have a wireless router.