1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Killed my phone's screen

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ravenas, Oct 13, 2011.

1. ravenas

ravenas Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 27, 2011
    When I was traveling last week I dropped my phone on the sidewalk. Yes, my clumsiness and totally my fault. I don't use a case because the phone has seemed so rugged and much easier for me to handle without. At the time I had taken it out to take a picture, just sent a tweet and then it slipped out of my hands while trying to put it back in its bag.

The back popped off, battery fell out and I was left with three pieces. I've dropped it before (3-4 times) and this happened. All I needed to do then was put it all back together and it booted up fine. A couple dings to the side but otherwise no damage.

This time when it booted the screen was fried. No image, just a bunch of lines. I tried a hard reset. Tried everything I knew, but nothing worked. I figured somehow I screwed up the screen's connectors. Nothing looked out of place. It did not get wet. It just took a fall of about 2.5 feet to concrete. (I was sitting at the time.)

So I went out and purchased a replacement phone at my nearest Target. An expensive lesson to learn. I've since put the new phone in an Otterbox in hopes of protecting against my own clumsiness.

Question is would there be any hope to resurrect this broken phone? A screen replacement or something? If it's not too much, I can repair it and pass the phone along to a niece or nephew.

Advertisement

2. pastafarian

pastafarian Pâtes avec votre foie
    None

Nov 4, 2009
    Sales
    The Sea of Tranquility
  3. dpaultx

dpaultx Member
    None

Jul 14, 2011
    Male
    North Central Texas
    There's almost always somebody under the Cell Phones headings of most local CraigsList's that advertise iPhone repairs and most of them are now stating that they work on Androids as well. Gotta be cheaper than a new phone. Just a thought.

4. AndyOpie150

AndyOpie150 <strong> <a href="http://androidforums.com/optimus
    None

May 13, 2011
    Laborer (all the dirty nasty work nobody else want
    Florida
    There is a tutorial that one of the members posted a while back on how to disassemble a "V". It was a youtube video. I'll look in the archives and see if I can find it and post a link. This should be all you need to replace a screen(there really isn't much to it),once you buy one.

yogi-4 likes this.
  5. dpaultx

dpaultx Member
    None

Jul 14, 2011
    Male
    North Central Texas
    AndyOpie150 likes this.
  6. AndyOpie150

AndyOpie150 <strong> <a href="http://androidforums.com/optimus
    None

May 13, 2011
    Laborer (all the dirty nasty work nobody else want
    Florida
    That video and the one for the V(which I think are pretty much the same) were in the post I was referring to if I can ever find it. The one for the "V" had voice as well. But if I can't find it that^^^^ should do the job.

Tags: