1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Support Killing 27 birds with 1 stone (Android Ally Bugs, Fixes?)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by funkytwnallstar, Feb 23, 2011.

1. funkytwnallstar

I couldnt find these answers anywhere and its starting to get annoying, please use the number corresponding to the question you are answering, LG Ally 2.2 Stock:

1. Ok so recently my internet has been going extremely slow, it will get to about 85% of the page loaded then will not let me click or "touch" any link on the page for the next 1-2 (or however long this time may happen to take) minutes until it has completely loaded. It just started about a week ago i tried moving to dolphin browser and it worked GREAT for less than 30 minutes. It has also been crashing a ton lately.

2. I still have the 50% bug and im sick on leaving my phone on the charger for 30 minutes a day (Half in airplane mode/half not). Anybody know any better fixes or patches?

3. Anybody know when verizon will release a new android phone with a qwerty keyboard that is not such a piece of sh*t? A link to it would be helpful with specs & release date on it

I think that may be it for now im sure ill remember something as soon as i get this posted

Advertisement

2. funkytwnallstar

4.Oh yea and i have had about 3 or 4 of these pieces of crap, all factory mess ups, and i cant get the USB connection to work on this new one so i can transfer my music onto here, do i need to delete the old modem or what do i need to do im tired of the same songs!

3. k.c.cole

k.c.cole Android Enthusiast

I don't put music on the SD anymore. You might look into the app mSpot. It's an app pair (one app for the android the other is from chrome app store). They give you a free 2 gig cloud storage. The chrome app syncs whatever music you choose to the server and the android app allows you to stream it through your phone. It works pretty well, even over 3g.

4. Viper05

Viper05 Well-Known Member

3: Honestly every phone has problems. You can have lemons with anything. Personally, I've had my Ally since October and I only had to get it replaced because I bricked it. Other than that I've had no problems that weren't user errors. There isn't a huge demand for full qwerty android phones, as people for the most part have adapted to virtual keyboards on their touch screens, myself NOT included, I prefer the physical keyboard.

Not sure when you got your phone, but honestly I love the Ally. It's a low end Android phone that performs well on 2.2, and it's a dream with Velocity 1.0.

5. death2all110

death2all110 Android Expert

1;2;4:

These are all LG issues with the 2.2.1 update, though also appears on other devices as well. Nothing we/anyone else can do about it until LG releases another OTA update.

6. Afteraffekt

Afteraffekt Android Enthusiast

The 50% bug is just a reporting bug now, My phone lasts 2 days+ with normal useage even with it saying 50+% searching for signal.

Remember, flashing roms kills your battery 10+ % each time!

7. Cl8rs

Cl8rs Android Enthusiast

What do you mean?

8. Afteraffekt

Afteraffekt Android Enthusiast

When you go to recovery, and flash a rom, and such, it doesnt have anything to control the use - so it drains your battery majorly.

9. yohobojo

yohobojo Android Enthusiast

Woah. Never knew that

10. Madd Dogg

Madd Dogg Newbie

Well now you know, and knowing is half the battle! YO JO! ;-)

hYpester21 likes this.
  11. funkytwnallstar

I finally got tired of them malfunctioning and have now switched to the droid 2, in which verizon has sent me 2 refurbished ones which also have been malfunctioning. I really despise buying any apple product but at this time im seriously considering the iphone. I just dont think any android product at this time is ready for the public (Due to all mine being manufacturer malfunctions). So far in the period of 1 year i have had all this go wrong, seperate lines means completely different devices. The first two in the box new and the remainder refurbed.

LG Ally (Brand New)- Honestly dont remember it was within the first 30 days (11 months ago)
    LG Ally (Brand New)- Blown ear speaker
    LG Ally- Phone reset while opening gallery, paper toss, and few other random apps constantly
    LG Ally- Phone randomly resets, when it resets half the time screen cuts out, and 90% of the time the SD card reader malfunctioned.
    Moto Droid 2- Overheated, reset numerous times within 8 hours then completely stopped working.
    Moto Droid 2- Overheating and stopped working for about 4 hours earlier. Now still overheating.

Both times they were overheating were during VERY BASIC functions, like charging, or loading the home page of the touch facebook site, or playing music on the MP3. Notices those were "OR"s seperating those, not "AND"s. Also after 2.2.1 came out i still had TERRIBLE battery life, Absolutely nothing compared to when i did the airplane mode trick. I also think im forgetting another LG Ally malfunction but i didnt want to add it in case i was wrong

12. KingOfGreen

KingOfGreen Android Expert

We you gonna say the 50% bug?? Anyway i dont see why youre hating on android. Those all sound like hardware, manufacturer defects. Not problem with the OS. My ally runs fine. Multi task like a mofo and no issues. It lags sometimes but thats when i got 4 apps open 15mb of RAM free oh and because i bought the cheapest android phone VZW had. Ive had one replacemnt ally but that was cuz my vibrator stopped working. Funny how you dont realize how important something like that is til its gone! Haha but other than that i love my phones.

azuma73 likes this.
  13. funkytwnallstar

Every ally i had had the 50% bug, and i wouldnt be hating on android if i could just have 1 phone last longer than 3 months without something shorting out and having to start all over with all my settings and apps and bookmarks and widgets.

14. KingOfGreen

KingOfGreen Android Expert

Well in my experience the refurb phones usually tent to have issue, but my refurb is still working great. As for the %50 bug, mine says im without signal more than half the time but i do not believe my battery suffers since it lasts from morning til night and moderate use.