• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Killing Apps All the time?

I'm a new Droid Eris user and I am constantly having to kill my apps in order to free up memory to keep my lag time and speed adequate. Will I continue to have to do this throughout the life of my phone? Why if I kill the Apps with Advanced Task Killer do the apps keep activating?

Thanks. I just want a speedy phone and can't afford the Incredible. Plus it's sold out here in NJ.

Frem

I'm a new Droid Eris user and I am constantly having to kill my apps in order to free up memory to keep my lag time and speed adequate. Will I continue to have to do this throughout the life of my phone? Why if I kill the Apps with Advanced Task Killer do the apps keep activating?

Thanks. I just want a speedy phone and can't afford the Incredible. Plus it's sold out here in NJ.

Frem

Trying going a few days without using your task killer.
The Eris should be able to manage it's memory on it's own without the need of a task killer. If it was really needed, HTC would have built one right in.

One thing that helps is using the back button instead of hitting home. This is the proper way of backing out of an app.

Also, did you receive the OTA 2.1 update? A lot of eris users over on the Eris forum have reported that doing a factory reset after the OTA helped a LOT.
I know it sucks... since you will loose all your apps and settings... but you can always back everything up.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones