1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Killing tasks manually

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Baz8755, Feb 4, 2011.

1. Baz8755

Baz8755 Well-Known Member

I know the consesus of opinion is not to use task killers but my question is whether it is OK to kill a task that remains running once you have used it.

Eg. SoundHound
    When I start my phone it is not running. I then run the app and exit out via the back button, when I look at my running tasks it is still running and I do a force stop.
    I have found that several apps do this and cannot understand why they would need to keep running so to save memory and resource I clear them out.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Rastaman-FB

Rastaman-FB Extreme Android User

its a waste of your time if they are not actually doing anything other than sitting in memory
    stop being paranoid and enjoy your phone and enjoy not constantly checking

arkazain and SUroot like this.
  3. SUroot

SUroot Extreme Android User

Memory doesn't need clearing often. If you really do experience lag, force close something via the manage applications menu, but you dont need a task liller to do this.

4. lekky

lekky Lover

Did you read teh "why task killers are not required" article? It explains why if its "running" or not, in most cases, you shouldn't even care. I mean if sound sound is "running" after you have used it, so what?

5. imcat

imcat Newbie

You only need task killers for shitty, poorly written apps that use 100% cpu when in the background like TV-Guide UK that was developed by Jersey Productions.

If you are going to install a task killer then install Watchdog which sits there doing nothing until a crap app runs amok giving you a chance to kill it before it drains your battery.

HTC Desire Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews