1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Kind of a dumb question about startup time

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by 11290, Jul 23, 2013.

1. 11290

11290 Newbie
    None

Wondering why Android tablets, including the Tab 2 10.1 and others, take so long to boot up. My Tab 2 takes "forever" and I have checked other brands at stores and they all take a loooooong time (especially compared to my wife's iPad2, particularly).

Advertisement

2. Stepheninkent

Stepheninkent Member
    None

May 30, 2012
    Male
    When turning your tablet off do you long press on powed button then press power off?
    If so rather than turning your tablet off just let it turn itsef off by just laying it down after a set period of time it will just go to sleep settings-display-screen timeout- and select the length of time you want for timeout. I have set mine to 5 minutes. Then a short press on power button wakes it up within secconds!
    And as to why it takes so long it's always thinking of more ways that it can impress you this does take time you know!

3. 11290

11290 Newbie
    None

Yes, when I turn it off for extended periods of time (more than 30 minutes) I use the power off. I've found that leaving it in sleep mode for extended periods of time (hours) is a high drain on the battery. I often will turn it off late at night and not use it for 16 to 18 hours and have found that it will lose a LOT of battery when left in sleep mode aver a long time. MUCH, MUCH more than my wife" ipad loses.

4. skramblr

skramblr Well-Known Member
    None

Oct 20, 2010
    That's weird. I leave mine on sitting on the end table for a week at a time. Still plenty of battery life.

5. AD7K

AD7K Lurker
    None

Jul 7, 2013
    Male
    Retired
    Las Vegas, NV
    I clocked my Samsung Tab 2/10.1 at 40 seconds from first depress of power key until the "swipe screen" displays - not bad (remember Win3.1?). As for battery life - in the WiFi/Advanced settings, you can have your tab keep WiFi ON in the sleep mode - that'll help run down the battery - make sure it's off ... and make sure your Bluetooth is turned OFF unless you need it ... check to see if that's your problem.