• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

kinda long complicated nooblet question

The Evo was my first smart phone so I don't always know what I am talking about.

I have some pix on facebook, flickr, and pbase. When I use the stock facebook app to view the facebook pix I can pinch and spread them to zoom in or out. This is not the case with the flickr pix, they stay the same size. I downloaded the Opera browser and the Make It Default browser app but it does not seem to allow zoom or zoom out.

What I am looking for is a general browser with the ability to let me resize the pix I am viewing on the internet. Maybe I just need to do something with Opera, not sure.

Can anyone help me figure this out.

I use the mobile Picasa web page. It is very flexible, easy to organize and you directly upload your photos from your camera application.

Check out http://picasaweb.google.com from your phone.

That does not really answer my question. What I am trying to do is browse pbase (which is a first rate photo web site used by lots of professional photographers) and other web sites and be able to re-size the images using pinch and spread. I am able to do this using the Evo pre-installed facebook app, and am wondering how to do it using other apps that allow internet browsing.

Upvote 0
The short answer is what you've done: try it. Support for such things is application-specific. Ask pbase folks what they suggest, also. Did you try resizing some random web page/photo on another page inside your browser? Did that work? If not, try another browser or if it did, then the problem is something pbase is doing to make this hard.

Upvote 0
What I am looking for is a general browser with the ability to let me resize the pix I am viewing on the internet. Maybe I just need to do something with Opera, not sure.

Can anyone help me figure this out.

I just went to pbase.com on my default browser and was able to zoom no issue. Sorry I could not help. I misunderstood your request :)

Upvote 0
I just went to pbase.com on my default browser and was able to zoom no issue. Sorry I could not help. I misunderstood your request :)

No problems. I just tried what you said with the default browser as opposed to Opera and the resizing worked. Seems like image resizing does work for some browsers, but not Opera. The default browser also seems a little faster than Opera.

Thanks for your help.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones