• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

kinda rooted

njbradjr

Lurker
Oct 24, 2012
So I rooted my spectrum a while back and was able to use the battery calibration and grant superuser access to some apps. I haven't done any updates to the phone os, only apps. Recently I tried running the battery calibration again and it said I didn't have root access. I still get some notifications that certain apps have superuser privileges. I ran a root checker app and it says I am not rooted.... Now I'm confused. I tried unrooting but that obviously didn't work. I don't know what to do know. I would like to get the ICS update either rooted or not. Any help???

So I rooted my spectrum a while back and was able to use the battery calibration and grant superuser access to some apps. I haven't done any updates to the phone os, only apps. Recently I tried running the battery calibration again and it said I didn't have root access. I still get some notifications that certain apps have superuser privileges. I ran a root checker app and it says I am not rooted.... Now I'm confused. I tried unrooting but that obviously didn't work. I don't know what to do know. I would like to get the ICS update either rooted or not. Any help???

Look in the all things root forum and there is a Guide to restore to full stock.

Upvote 0
I read through the post for stock recovery. I need CWM recovery installed. It seems I need to be completely rooted to do that. Any ideas why superuser would still grant permissions to some programs but not others? I need to find another way to return to stock without CWM. I'll keep browsing but if you know of a way, that would be appriciated.

Upvote 0
thanks for the reply. I'm running 2.3.6.
The OTA tries to download but fails everytime. Is there any other specs I could give that would be helpful?

Can you please clarify what "fails" means? Does it not download at all? Or does it download and after the reboot to install, does it fail?

When it fails, do you see anything on the screen?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones