• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

kindle fire hd 7" question

OK so I managed to root my kindle fire HD 7" , and I'm am now running cm10.1 android 4.2 jb and using twrp 2.4

I tried to flash cm11 4.4 kitkat but everytime I flash it fails.

So I was asking if I needed to get the latest version of twrp? Could that be the problem ?

What is the error that you are receiving when you try to install CM11? Is it an error saying something like "Status 7 error"?

More than likely, yes you will need to update your TWRP recovery from 2.4 to a newer version that is compatible and supports CM11 or 4.4. I believe TWRP 2.6 and up should support CM11/4.4 ROMs.

Upvote 0
Some status 7 errors can also be due to a badly edited or incorrect ROM, or the Updater-script is written to exclude your device as not compatible. it's risky but editing the Updater-Script is easy and forces any ROM to work provided it's somewhat meant for your product. but it may end up bricking or causing many things to crash so don't say i didn't warn you.

I got a first generation Fire, the very original one. it has 4.4.2 on it via an unapproved and hacked updater-script but many things don't work. Google Now crashes, ART will semi-brick it into a reboot loop, and many apps are flagged not compatible on Google Play. others just open and boot right back to the home screen and it lags a ton.

There are different status 7 errors. without the actual message that is accompanied with it we can't really do much other than guess.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones