• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Kindle Fire vs. Rooted Nook Color

mill3rkydd

Oct 5, 2011
For christmas, I'm thinking about getting a Nook Color or a kindle fire. I'd basically root each device. I'm still confused on what to get though. I mean I want the fastest device. I hear the nook color can be Overclocked to 1.6Ghz, but it's only single core, and the Kindle Fire is Dual-Core 1Ghz. Which one should I get? I'll get custom roms for both (I know, i'm waiting for a custom rom on the fire.) Thanks~! :D :D :D

If you want the fastest device, you want the Kindle Fire. Unless you add the Nook Tablet to the comparison.

There are a few mentions of the NT in the thread colchiro linked to. If you compare the Fire to the NT, I think the NT wins: both have dual core processors, but the NT has more RAM and a micro SD slot to add more memory.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones