• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Kindle for Android APP AVAILABLE!

Loving the app. What have you guys downloaded so far? Here's what I've got as of now:

The War of the Worlds - H.G. Wells
The Island of Doctor Moreau - H.G. Wells
His Majesty's Dragon - Naomi Novik
The Rough Riders - Theodore Roosevelt
The Tragedy of Pudd'nhead Wilson - Mark Twain
The First Men in the Moon - H.G. Wells
Gulliver's Travels - Jonathon Swift (read this back in high school, don't remember it lol)

Total cost: $0 :D

Upvote 0
Loving the app. What have you guys downloaded so far? Here's what I've got as of now:

The War of the Worlds - H.G. Wells
The Island of Doctor Moreau - H.G. Wells
His Majesty's Dragon - Naomi Novik
The Rough Riders - Theodore Roosevelt
The Tragedy of Pudd'nhead Wilson - Mark Twain
The First Men in the Moon - H.G. Wells
Gulliver's Travels - Jonathon Swift (read this back in high school, don't remember it lol)

Total cost: $0 :D

Do you have to register your credit card with the 1-click to be able to acquire even free books?

Upvote 0
Do these books get saved to the SD card? Can this be used on a plane then?

Yes, the live in the cloud in your account's archive, accessible to all of your kindle devices. You then download them onto your device as desired. When you are done reading them, you can remove them from a device to free up space, but they are still available in the archive, so you can download them again at any time onto any device that has the kindle reader.

Upvote 0
So I downloaded a free book from the store, and it put 2 files in the kindle folder. Both of them are .prc files, and are exactly the same, which makes me wonder why it put 2 in there.

Anyway, I have a few epub book on my computer, and ive been trying to get them to read from this app. If i put the epub file in the folder, it doesnt show up in the app. I have tried converting to mobi and a bunch more formats, and they all force close the app.

Upvote 0
Now I have a complete device for those waste-of-my-time-and-life-while-stuck-waiting-at-the-frickin-airport blues. Come to think of it, it really came together because of a $10 pair of batteries & charger on ebay. Now I can listen to tunes, watch a video clip, surf the net and read on one device (with many batteries).

:)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones