1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Kindle on Marshmallow - importing books?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by HagbardCeline42, Jun 11, 2016.

1. HagbardCeline42

None

Jun 11, 2016
    Male
    I have been using a 5 year old Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1, the original, for a long time, and I've accumulated a huge pile of books, many of which I converted from my epub collection. On that version of Android, I could just hook my tablet to my PC and drag the .mobi files into the /kindle folder and voila, the books would appear in my kindle app when I opened it again. I just upgraded my tablet finally to a Pixel C, and I was hoping to do the same thing, but it seems that I have to add the books one by one. I tried dragging them into the /kindle folder, but even on restarting the app, the books didn't appear. Am I going to have to add them one by one by using the "send to Kindle" option?

Thanks!

Advertisement

2. garylynn0208

garylynn0208 Lurker
    None

Jun 11, 2016

3. HagbardCeline42

None

Jun 11, 2016
    Male
    Er, did you have an answer, or did you mean to just quote my question and nothing else? :D

4. zuben el genub

zuben el genub Android Expert

Jan 24, 2011
    What folder are you using? Kindle now puts downloads into a folder called "My Kindle Content" and I think you have to upload from there unless Calibre will do it.

I use an Android reader from Poland, so I have to convert. The Vulcan likes his Kindle.

5. HagbardCeline42

None

Jun 11, 2016
    Male
    Well, I managed to figure it out. It's not pretty (i.e. the covers aren't there) but I was able to paste in all my .mobi files into the kindle folder and they (on reboot) appeared in my Kindle app. I had a good pile of documents (and especially converted Ebooks that I've had forever) and was not looking forward to adding them in one by one, but it worked. The covers appear when you select the all content" tab, but if you try to go back to the carousel most of them don't have covers.

dontpanicbobby likes this.