1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

kindle opens books at last page

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Deleted User, Dec 27, 2012.

1. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

Whilst the app works great on nexus 7, whenever I open a book on the nexus 4 it always opens at the last page.
    Obviously this makes it impossible sync reading positions between the devices as it sees the last page as the furthest read point.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique

How does it open the book on your Nexus 7? Kindle has always opened it to the furthest read point when sync'd.

3. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

If I add a new book (the books themselves sync on both devices) and open it on the Nexus 7, it opens at the start. If I then open that same book on the Nexus 4, it opens at the end.
    If I open it again in the Nexus 7, it opens where I last read it on the N7 but a popup offers to take me to the furthest read point from the Nexus 4 - the last page.

If I go the other way and open the book first on the N4, it opens at the end. If I open the same book on the N7 it opens at the beginning and offers to take me to the furthest point from the N4 again.

I don't know why it's behaving so whacky on the Nexus 4 when it's fine on the Nexus 7 but in any case, it no longer matters since I have gone back to my trusty Moon Reader Pro, which syncs pages perfectly between both devices via dropbox.

I tried Kindle because I though it would make the whole process of buying and keeping books in sync brainless but not so...

I just wish Google would make Google Books a bit more useful and let me bring over my old books to read in it.
    It reads other music on my device and other videos but not with books.
    I simply refuse to buy books from an app if I am unable to read all my other books.

Nexus 4 Forum

The Nexus 4 release date was November 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, 2GB RAM, Snapdragon S4 Pro processor, and 2100mAh battery.

November 2012
Release Date
Reviews