1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Kindle PID

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by onesixtyfourth, Jun 6, 2011.

1. onesixtyfourth

None

Jan 20, 2011
    I enjoy reading books using the Kindle app but I want to use it in conjunction with Calibre. I managed this with an actual Kindle device but I had to tell Calibre the PID of the device. How can I find out the PID of my android device kindle app?

Advertisement

2. smankins

smankins Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 9, 2011
    I might not be following your question but I don't think you have a PID for your Android device using a Kindle app. You register your Android device with Amazon. The Kindle has a PID that Calibre would need for DRM protected books and any plugins that Calibre would use to remove that DRM and convert books into a Kindle friendly format (.mobi).

3. tim132

tim132 Lurker
    None

Feb 13, 2012
    I have the exact same issue. I need to find out what my PID of the Android Kindle app is. We surely have one assigned to some of the kindle books we download as certain books will not play on Calibre due to drm restrictions. Why should we not be able to choose whether to read our purchased books on our Android or PC?

Everyone with an actual kindle or with the iPhone app can retrieve their PID, surely we can also?

4. Petrah

Petrah Psychotic Female
    None

Jun 13, 2011
    Female
    Annoying my X-Husband
    Hanover Park, IL