• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Kindle - Too many devices...

OK, so I like to install different ROM's all the time and I also like to use the Kindle app, I've installed loads of ROM's and never had a problem with this app but recently I got a message:

Licence Limit Reached

You have exceeded the limit on the number of devices that can read this item. You may deregister any device no longer in use and delete the content, which will allow you to download this item. You may also purchase another copy from the Kindle Store.

Now, I've tried deregistering my phone but I still can't read these books on my Kindle on my computer or the phone, and how do you delete the books aswell because there's no option for that.

Quite frankly I don't want to purchase another copy of all my books as I've paid for them once.

Any ideas of how I can read my books again?

Just checked on amazon.co.uk, under the Kindle section (Manage Your Kindle) and it shows a list of registered devices. It shows Tony's Android and Tony's Android2, which will be my Desire with stock Orange ROM and the same phone after I flashed LeeDrOiD ROM. You'll see all your devices there, just remove the earlier ones which will be your previous ROM's.

You can edit your device names too.

Upvote 0
I'm having the same problem as I started using kindle on my boyfriend's phone then got one of my own. I got the same error message when I tried to buy a book this morning so after much gnashing of teeth and probably multiple purchases I went online & deregistered the 1st device hoping that this would solve the problem. It has not..:( any further advice would be appreciated as I'm getting fed up now. Thanks x

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones