1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support kingroot opinions?

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by little_green, May 11, 2016.

1. little_green

little_green Member
    None

Apr 28, 2016
    Female
    i recent used kingroot to root my phone in order to install titanium backup and freeze certain processes.
    I was recommended it by some people on here, but now i'm over at xda and people there are saying its not trusted and probably stealing my details ....
    :/
    can anyone confirm whether this is true or not?
    if so how do i go about getting it off my device?
    this was my first root. don't feel confident flashing anything etc is that hte only way to get rid of it?
    or are the rumours untrue?

Advertisement

2. Brian706

Brian706 I like turtles!

Jul 25, 2012
    Drafter
    I have read mixed things about it. And to add to the confusion, there is a Kingroot and a Kingoroot. I'm not sure how they differ or if one is safe and one is not.

What device are you using? The best thing you could probably do is flash factory images/stock firmware for your device if they are available. If not, is there much development for your device? A custom rom or flashing a stock based rom might be an options too, if they are available.

Jfalls63 and scary alien like this.
  3. little_green

little_green Member
    None

Apr 28, 2016
    Female
    Hi it was definitely kingroot I used not the other.
    Yeah I'm hearing mixed things. As I say o was recommended it by users on here hence assumed it would be safe but the guys over at xda seem horrified that I used it.

The device is infocus m560 (m808 and v5) . I think there is an official stock room available (I'd post a link if I wasn't on my phone) but I'm not sure about flashing. I did think about it prior as it seems to be a flash that doesn't require root....
    I'm scared I end up bricking it though..
    Would factory reset work at all? Guessing it wouldn't get rid of the root privalleges

4. scary alien

scary alien not really so scary

Mar 5, 2010
    Male
    space alien ;)
    Indy
    Disclaimer: I've not used King Root or Kingo Root (or whatever variations there are in spelling), but you might have a look at this app:

and it's support/background thread at XDA:

I've not personally used this app, either, but have seen it referenced along with King*Root, etc.

Here's what the XDA thread says:

What does it do?:

• Removes KingRoot / Kingo Root applications
    • Disables Knox
    • Installs SuperSU
    • It does NOT give you permanent root on the Note 4 (Update: The Pro version includes root protection, you will be surprised at how long you can retain root now.

I'm certainly not advocating that you use this, but there's some info for you to research and digest.

Cheers!

Jfalls63 likes this.
  5. Phalon4

Phalon4 Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 18, 2016
    I've used KingRoot and I bricked 4 devices within 2 months because I was an idiot and took some advice from someone in here that said KingRoot worked good for them and could be removed by running(SuperuserMe ). Now I've been rooting Androids since there was the ability available to root them with Z4 mod, commonly called Z4root and had no issues until KingRoot was made available. So from my personal experience I would not use kingroot at all but if I later changed my mind to use it. I wouldn't use Superuser ME with it because it's a secondary Superuser that some times has a incompatibility issues with KingRoot's own Superuser called kingUser that installed with KingRoot's program. And far as information being stolen by KingRoot is still under debate with the other numerous apps that's stealing information from your Smartphone and other mobile devices already.

#5 Phalon4, May 12, 2016
    Last edited: May 12, 2016
    scary alien likes this.
  6. mike.ray

mike.ray Lurker
    None

Jul 18, 2014
    I used Kingroot on a LG G2 a couple months ago. (I needed to edit the bluetooth stack file) I did see some warnings at XDA after rooting however I have had no problems with the G2. I did look at a Kingroot removal app but I had a newer version of Kingroot then the app claimed to remove. It was an easy root and so far all is good.

7. Phalon4

Phalon4 Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 18, 2016

#7 Phalon4, May 13, 2016
    Last edited: May 14, 2016