• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Kings R4 issues....

lesawag

Android Enthusiast
Nov 16, 2010
Austin Texas
My daughter flashed Kings R4 and the kernel is tiamat evo 4.0.4. Her phone is doing some odd things Like not allowing her to save images in gallery. In her settings she still has cyanogenmod settings even though she is using the Kings Rom R4. What gives? We have wiped everything more than once. Is a factory reset safe while rooted? Maybe we should try reflashing the rom? Thanks for any suggestions.

My daughter flashed Kings R4 and the kernel is tiamat evo 4.0.4. Her phone is doing some odd things Like not allowing her to save images in gallery. In her settings she still has cyanogenmod settings even though she is using the Kings Rom R4. What gives? We have wiped everything more than once. Is a factory reset safe while rooted? Maybe we should try reflashing the rom? Thanks for any suggestions.

I would re-flash the ROM again and make sure to wipe cache and dalvik (twice to make sure you get it). Also, it may bode her well to use King's Format All. Flash that just like you would any .zip file. I'm not sure you can even perform a factory reset while rooted, but don't quote me on that. :D

King's FORMAT ALL

Upvote 0

just wanted to say kings r4 has a cm7 base so it would still have cm settings...there its also the evervolv base just so no one corrects me...

Kings unleashed r4 is sense...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones