• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [KingsROM][ACS] KingsROM UNleashed R5 [4/28/11] "Out of this World"

Also came from myns got tired of browser issues, really like this rom.any suggestions for increasing battery life? Or other kernals vs the one installed with the rom?

unfortunately every rom and kernel combo will vary from phone to phone so it is hard to recommend one particular kernel from another. have you tried any of the netarchy kernels found here:
http://www.qap.la/~netarchy/

also read up on setcpu settings they can also help out with battery life.
http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-all-things-root/210253-setcpu-guide.html

Reactions: AndroidJim
Upvote 0
I'm getting what I consider to be great battery life with the stock kernel on this ROM. I didn't have a lot of heavy usage yesterday, but this morning I hit 15% charge after being uncharged for 24 hours. I also use SetCPU to underclock my processor while the screen is off, so that helps, but my battery life is great compared to pre-root.

As for this ROM, this is what I'm sticking with until MikFroyo comes out with a great theme. I like the variable 4G signal indicator....on MikFroyo it just stays the same regardless of the quality of your signal. Even the font has grown on me, so it's definitely a keeper.

Upvote 0
Flashed this ROM last night. Seems very quick and pretty stable. Only issue I had was flashing one of his themes. I sent it to my SD card and tried to flash it through ClockworkMod recovery, but it keeps telling me "flash aborted" or something. Any ideas?

I've had to flash some things in the alternate recovery because of scripts or something with the clockwork update. Might be the same problem so try RA instead.

Upvote 0
I am using this Rom and is Fantastic, however, my battery drains like a sinking ship!! I switch kernels 4.3.1 and still drops 10% every 15 minutes, and even with the phone off drops 1% every 5 minutes.

Also HUlu is not working,
And I will like a recomendation of a set of black icons that will work with this rom!!

Upvote 0
Somehow, now is working better!!!!Someone told me a good Kernell takes about a day or two to set in.
thanks for help guys...now i need recomendation with black icon set

I am using this Rom and is Fantastic, however, my battery drains like a sinking ship!! I switch kernels 4.3.1 and still drops 10% every 15 minutes, and even with the phone off drops 1% every 5 minutes.

Also HUlu is not working,
And I will like a recomendation of a set of black icons that will work with this rom!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones