• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Kit Kat for T-Mobile model?

Hey there guys, I'm currently with Metro PCS using the LG Spirit and the LG Connect before that (currently in love with LG devices) and am looking to switch to a better carrier for this exact phone. So Verizon and T-Mobile have not received an update to 4.4 KitKat, what about Sprint? If AT&T is so far the only carrier that has the update that pretty much makes up my mind for me.

Upvote 0
Hey there guys, I'm currently with Metro PCS using the LG Spirit and the LG Connect before that (currently in love with LG devices) and am looking to switch to a better carrier for this exact phone. So Verizon and T-Mobile have not received an update to 4.4 KitKat, what about Sprint? If AT&T is so far the only carrier that has the update that pretty much makes up my mind for me.

I can see from glancing at the quick profile info, that you're an experienced Android user. I have to ask, with no offense intended, why no update on carriers other than AT&T would stop you?

The other G2 variants are slated to be updated by their carriers by Q1 2014; and while a few may miss the mark, and things can happen between now and the end of March, LG has released the KitKat update to the carriers. But also, you seem to be an experienced rooter/modder/rommer, so KitKat is out there for you already while you wait.

Just curious (or maybe I interpreted your post incorrectly).

Upvote 0
I can see from glancing at the quick profile info, that you're an experienced Android user. I have to ask, with no offense intended, why no update on carriers other than AT&T would stop you?

The other G2 variants are slated to be updated by their carriers by Q1 2014; and while a few may miss the mark, and things can happen between now and the end of March, LG has released the KitKat update to the carriers. But also, you seem to be an experienced rooter/modder/rommer, so KitKat is out there for you already while you wait.

Just curious (or maybe I interpreted your post incorrectly).

I was thinking the same thing.

Upvote 0

The update is now available through T-Mobile. If you want a G2 get it from T-Mobile. You can use it with T-Mobile for a month and then take it back to Metro PCS. The best part is that you don't have to unlock it. That is what i did and the phone works exactly the same way it did on T-Mobile.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones