1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Kit Kat krashes

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by TexasLegend, Dec 9, 2013.

1. TexasLegend

TexasLegend Member

Is anyone else finding that your apps seem to unfortunately stop responding a lot after kk update?

Recent apps don't call up reliably... Usually have to touch the app twice.

Don't get me started on foxfi not working.

So wish I could uninstall.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Did you do a Factory Data Reset after the upgrade to 4.4?

... Thom

3. TexasLegend

TexasLegend Member

Yes. I did that because initially I was having 4G issues.

4. That was (1)

(2) You could Wipe cache partition. It can get smashed and cause delays.

(3) If the problem is still there you could try running in Safe Mode (disabling all apps you added witout uninstalling them) and if the problem stops you know it was caused by an app that you added.

... Thom

5. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

You can uninstall. You can use RSDlite to put 4.2.2 back on. It will wipe your data but you could use an app like Helium to back it up even without root. It's a pretty simple process... there's a link and a video on XDA:
    [GUIDE][VIDEO] Moto X - Return to 100% stock (using RSD Lite) - xda-developers

I have not experienced these problems. The only app that seems to have problems is NFL Sunday Ticket but it's such a freakin' unreliable app anyway that I have trouble pinning it on the 4.4 upgrade.

6. doogald

doogald Extreme Android User

FWIW, this is happening to me quite often on a Droid Maxx still on 4.2.2. I don't think that this is a KitKat induced problem.

Motorola Moto X (1st Gen) Forum

The Motorola Moto X (1st Gen) release date was August 2013. Features and Specs include a 4.7" inch screen, 10MP camera, 2GB RAM, Snapdragon S4 Pro processor, and 2200mAh battery.

August 2013
Release Date
Reviews