• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

KitKat 4.4.2 updated

I stopped in and had a discussion with the local tech at USC. Asked if Kit Katt was safe yet: the chorus of "DON'T DO IT!!" from all the sales people was humorous.

Tech pointed out that it seems that the problems with updating came from the OTA version, but that there weren't problems if you update via Keis. Which I just did... no problems right out the gate

Will update this in a few days, and let you know if I have any problems

Upvote 0
Thanks, Strings. Any info would be appreciated. What US Cellular area are you in? I am in the Milwaukee, WI region.

Since the SIM replacement, upgrade & factory reset by the US Cellular techs, it appears (so far) everything is working fine. There are a few things that were not a part of the first upgrade which are making operation a bit easier. The tech told me I was the only subscriber in this area that had the SIM problem.

Upvote 0
I, too, haven't noticed any major problems. I did have a hiccup with bluetoothh connection to my RAV-4. But, it was only once.

Now that I think about it, when trying to download new apps (or even old apps that I had to reinstall since the SIM change) from Google play online, I have to restart the S4 to get it to work. If I do it from the S4, no problem.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones