1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

KitKat 4.4.4 update for the AT&T I337

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by BurtGummer, Nov 13, 2014.

1. BurtGummer

BurtGummer Member

Today AT&T released a update for the S4 to KitKat 4.4.4. It's about 392mb. Not sure of the changes because I'm not going to update because they haven't got a root work around for it yet and I'm running a GPE Rom modified to run on Safestrap. Just thought I would let you guys know if you have a S4 on AT&T. The baseband is now NJ1 4.4.4.

ironass likes this.
  2. ironass

ironass Extreme Android User

It seems that the AT&T update comes with extra added AT&T features, known as bloatware by some, on 4.4.4...

AT&T rolls out 4.4.4 update to Galaxy S4; brings Knox 2.0 | Android Central

... as well as Knox Security version 2.0.

Let's hope that AT&T have got it right in this release as it has been over 7 months for them since the last one.

It seems odd that Samsung have chosen to hold back, so far, on the release of Android 4.4.4 on the worldwide, International, models, S4 and S5, but some U.S. carrier branded variants have released it, both on the Galaxy S4 and Galaxy S5. Particularly so, since both Google and Samsung are directing all their efforts to getting Android 5, Lollipop, out to the Galaxy S4 and S5 a.s.a.p..

3. BurtGummer

BurtGummer Member

Over on XDA, they have a root work around out now. I'm still not gonna upgrade though. I love the GPE Rom I'm using. No need to upgrade for me until they have a 5.0 Rom that works with safestrap. I saw that they added more bloatware crap to the update. I wish they wouldn't do that.

ironass likes this.

Samsung Galaxy S4 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S4 release date was April 2013. Features and Specs include a 5.0" inch screen, 13MP camera, 2GB RAM, Exynos 5410 Octa processor, and 2600mAh battery.

April 2013
Release Date
Reviews