• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps Kitkat 4.4 note 3 clone phones rom (how they did that?)

ShangYoung

Lurker
Apr 2, 2014
I managed to get a samsung note 3 clone for use as a cheap test platform however i was amazed by few facts and few questions i need to understand .

1 - so they managed to somehow either port or replicate the air sensor locker screen , first off how were they able to link it as the default slide locker of the rom without the need to fire an intermediate setting app , what files to mod ? second after installing and uninstalling few apps somehow the screen locker managed to revert to default android screen locker , although i could find its apk in system/app/3xnote3_v3.014 reinstalling it didnt help how to trouble shoot reasons ?

2 - i was convinced from my original samsung note 10.1 16 gb that the 16 gb was a shared memory between internal memory and sd0 as sd0 was just a folder within the os however it turns out this is some neat trick samsung managed to achieve as on other non samsung devices memory is not shared but dedicated / divided as part internal memory and part sd0 , so any idea how samsung managed to pull the shared memory trick ? and can it be done after rom being installed or has to be moded within rom ?

3 - despite the device being rooted by default there are still files i can't move , replace or edit , i am using "all in one toolbox" explorer though , is there a certain file explorer of choice to handle rooted os ?

4 - there are few solutions that poped up here and there for swaping sd0 by sd1 however i just realized going through few that each manage it in a different way where some need to fire an intermediate app to run applications on sd1 while some instructed extracting a file and hex edit on pc it then replace it where there will not be a need for an intermediate app to , is there a known / more recent app or solution that does it without much cons ? also does android allow hex editing of files on device or the best out there is to copy > process change > replace edited file ?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones