1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

kitkat update!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by bfox42, Dec 18, 2013.

1. bfox42

bfox42 Newbie

does anyone know if the rush will beable to upgrade to kitkat system or how it can be ported?

xkamaunax likes this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. K Rize

K Rize Android Enthusiast

Look into building CM11 from source

3. Slayer72

Slayer72 Android Expert

ROFL!! Are you serious bro?? The Rush doesn't even have CM7, I don't think it will ever see CM11 lmao!! :p :D

4. Uh... I really don't think that phone could handle kitkat, as sweet as it would be. Its only a single core 1 Ghz with 768 Mb of ram.

5. animania260

animania260 Android Enthusiast

KitKat is designed for lower-memory / lower-end devices.
    Google drastically reduced memory requirements on KitKat.

I can open all 100 apps I have installed on my Nexus 7 (2013) and still have 1.4 GB of RAM available.

Still we will never get it, unless someone gets CM11 running on this device.

Slayer72 likes this.
  6. Slayer72

Slayer72 Android Expert

I say the hell with CM, we don't have nor IMO will we ever have the Dev support for porting CM to this device, I say we just continue porting features from KitKat over to our custom rom for this device cause I believe that's the closest we're ever gonna get to Android 4.4+... and yes this device would run KitKat if we had a proper build from source for it cause as you've said Google already stated that it was made to run on lower memory/lower end devices, besides I've already ran everything that was in the system dump for Android 4.4 for the Nexus 5 minus the Desk Clock and it all ran well without a hitch, so don't believe the hype people, the Rush could undeniably run KitKat and do it with ease... Just some informative words for the nonbelievers to soak up... :p

pyro_guy0001 likes this.
  7. I stand corrected. I personally haven't played with kitkat yet. I would love to see it ported to my beloved transform ultra.

8. Slayer72

Slayer72 Android Expert

I would personally have to say that it would be impossible to port KitKat to the Transform Ultra, the Ultra is on Gingerbread and KitKat is JB, so I think you can see how that wouldn't work, the app apks from KitKat won't even run on GB as they were made for a different version of Android, so just something I wanted to let you know about... :)

9. andynu123

andynu123 Newbie

its not impossible. its just the question of if we can get cm10/11 built with our proprietary libs and and drivers. anyone who wants to give a shot at it i can make an extractfiles.sh for them to try and build one. in no way this will be easy though.

since were already on JB it would be simple as getting someone to build and pull the required files via adb from their phone at the same time. no patching required. .

Gokaired69 and Slayer72 like this.
  10. Slayer72

Slayer72 Android Expert

Hit dark_samus up, he's currently trying to compile a build for the Reverb, our sister phone and he's having problems with a few errors that keep popping up, but if he can get them worked out then he's gonna compile a build for our Rush... :D

kskillz likes this.
  11. Gokaired69

Gokaired69 Newbie

Sorry for dropping a Monster Reborn on an old topic...but having read through this, I had to say something.

So there's a couple folks over at a different forum (Android Central) who got CM11 up and running on devices that are technologically inferior to the Rush: the LG Optimus S & V. (The Optimus V builds are currently the only ones that still have active development, though) KitKat runs pretty nicely on my Optimus S (and the current build is 4.4.4), so hopefully development can get going on the Rush...because in all honesty, I'd LOVE to see what the Rush can do with proper KitKat!!

12. crazynapkinman

crazynapkinman Well-Known Member

Would it be difficult to build a cm port? Where does one start?

13. crazynapkinman

crazynapkinman Well-Known Member

14. AlexRayquaza

AlexRayquaza Android Enthusiast

Theres a thread up. Its in the thread list and progress is good. I still have this as one of my phones and it still runs great, especially with Xposed.

Samsung Galaxy Rush Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Rush release date was September 2012. Features and Specs include a 3.5" inch screen, 3MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

September 2012
Release Date
Reviews