• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

alfick3

Android Expert
Feb 7, 2011
DFW, TX
Alright, for those of you who have gotten the update, did it go well? I'm reading, over on the Nexus 4 forum, all kinds of issues for a good majority of the folks that got the update. Some are having failed updates, others are having software issues after the update, just a general all around fail for most people. What about the Moto G?

Alright, for those of you who have gotten the update, did it go well? I'm reading, over on the Nexus 4 forum, all kinds of issues for a good majority of the folks that got the update. Some are having failed updates, others are having software issues after the update, just a general all around fail for most people. What about the Moto G?

Went fine for me. I don't see any difference with the phone other than a transparent status bar.

Reactions: alfick3
Upvote 0
Kit Kat is on my US GSM Moto G is awesome! ART also makes the device very fluid and also removes the choppiness when opening apps. The only problem is that if you have CWM installed you must flash stock recovery and stock system files if you want the ota zip to flash or it won't work, saying some error about install-recovery.sh. That was my only problem, flashing the OTA. But was easily fixed after returning back to stock stuff. Then i went to stock recovery, flashed kit kat, took some time, even thought it was frozen lol. it's doing its thing. Then, it booted and voila! the sexiness of kitkat is there :) the launcher is the same basic one from 4.3, so i'd recommend installing nova launcher and some good, fitting icons. So far, so good. Battery life is excellent, well at least for me.
Also, i'm about to flash Faux's kernel. Let's see how this goes! ;)
EDIT: Actually the faux kernel won't work on 4.4.2 yet because moto hasn't released the boot.img source yet, so don't try it lol only 4.3

Reactions: alfick3
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones