1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Kk WiFi problem

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by 69Rixter, Aug 16, 2018.

1. 69Rixter

69Rixter Newbie

I.m having a great deal of difficulty with the WiFi on my BLU Studio 5C HD that is running Kk 4.4.2. WiFi will 'connect" to routers, but web pages/browsers will not load. I've been through a lot of the posts here that concern WiFi problems, but they are either way outdated or do not directly deal with this particular problem. So, my objective (obviously) is to get the device to "open" browsers/web pages. I'll tell you that if I leave the phone "on" and alone, after a great deal of time, it sometimes does connect to browser/web page, but that is a rare occurrence Hope I've provided enough info that someone can figure this out and give me a solution.

Rick

Advertisement

2. steiny180

steiny180 Android Enthusiast

A firewall or setting may be blocking web accesses...

Download the free NoRoot Firewall app from the PS and look at the app's Access Log after you try and use the browser.

A great little app which I use the hell out of!!!...

Let us know what you find...

3. 69Rixter

69Rixter Newbie

Ahm... please reread my thread... Without internet, I cannot D/l anything.

4. Dannydet

Dannydet Extreme Android User

No internet?
    What type of mobile plan do you have?
    To access Wi-Fi you need a password and username usually.

5. 69Rixter

69Rixter Newbie

RE: Dannydet

This has nothing to do with a "mobile" plan. Just lately, say the past 3 months, connecting to the net has been increasingly difficult. I do not have nor use a "mobile" data service! The apps that access the wireless internet or firmware that accesses the internet experiences a failure..of which I cannot figure out what is causing the failure to "load" either a web page or a browser. Checked all the apps and, to my knowledge, there are none turned off or disabled that should have an effect on the "net". Occasionally, it does "connect", but that's after I've let it sit there for quite some time while it tried to "connect"...and even at that, the "connection" last less than 3-4 mins. I did try Opera browser(approx 1 month ago) and could not access anything concerning the net. The 2 browsers I have used are the default Android and Google. As it is now, I cannot D/l anything for it won't access anything relating to the "net". Not that this is relevant ( I don't think), but all other functions such as FM radio, music player, phones' stats, pictures, camera...etc are in proper working order. Been around the net (via computer connection) and cannot find a relevant solution to this problem. I'm not an expert, but I believe this issue is due to a firmware discrepancy, but that's just my guess. Oh...well

Dannydet likes this.
  6. 69Rixter

69Rixter Newbie

ADDENDUM:

Right now I'm trying to access the internet via a "hotspot"(library). The library's "log-in" page displays for a split second, then I get this "Aw, Snap..RELOAD..something went wrong while displaying this webpage. To continue, reload or go to another page. If your seeing this frequently, try these suggestions"...when I try 'suggestions", it reverts to "Aw, Snap" dialog

7. Dannydet

Dannydet Extreme Android User

Hey at this point why not try a few browsers, such as Firefox, edge, or naked browser....
    See what you get

8. 69Rixter

69Rixter Newbie

RE: GENERAL REPLY

It has been suggested to me that I obtain a new battery for this phone. I was surprised at the amount of irregularities a bad battery could cause. I feel this to be the problem(?) and am in the process of obtaining a new battery. When I do get and IF a new battery should alleviate some of the anomalies, then I shall upgrade to Marshmallow with hope that all the problems are eradicated. Even with a battery that needs replaced, I still feel there was corruption of the present O.S. and I've not confirmed as to whether is was a custom or stock ROM (although, in the "about device" it states "Custom build version - Blu_D535U_V03_Generic") THANX to everyone who've contributed to this thread. Once the new battery comes in, I shall return with with an "update" (hopefully a good one!!)

goddamnitlisa likes this.
  9. Mikestony

Mikestony ~30% Carbon Black ±

/closed per OP. ;)