• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Knock on/off with different launcher?

Angus66

Lurker
Aug 12, 2013
I've been playing around with several different launchers (Nova, ) the last couple of days but I can't get the knock on/off feature to work with any of them. I really enjoy the knock on/off so is there any launchers that retain it? Or any way to enable it through the settings menu?

Any help is appreciated! :)

I've been playing around with several different launchers (Nova, ) the last couple of days but I can't get the knock on/off feature to work with any of them. I really enjoy the knock on/off so is there any launchers that retain it? Or any way to enable it through the settings menu?

Any help is appreciated! :)

Knock ON is a function of the PHONE, as the screen is off when you try to turn the phone on with knocks (so launcher is irrelevant). Knock OFF, on the other hand, does not work right out of the box with a launcher (i.e. knock in a blank space to turn device off), because what LOOKS blank to you and I really is not blank to the phone. That blank spot is skinned by the launcher but as far as the device is concerned, it isn't blank (that's why knocking on the notification bar works).

With Nova Launcher (Prime), when you have the paid version, it enables Gestures. You can set a gesture (double knock) to launch an application. Install the free Screen Off and Lock app from the play store and have Nova launch that app when you knock twice. This gives you the same effect as knock off with the native launcher / home screen.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.katecca.screenofflock

Disclaimer: works as described above on G2 but not sure about the G3 because I do not have one yet.

Reactions: Mikestony
Upvote 0
There may be an app/widget in the GOOGLE PLAY STORE to simulate knock-on/off:

One cool feature of OPPO's COLOR O/S (FIND 7/N1/1+1 CHINESE VARIANT) is an app that does nothing more than turn the screen off.

Just place the shortcut on your desktop & a single tap turned off the screen.

Perhaps a developer out there somewhere has pulled this & put a similar functional app in the play store,it's worth a look...........

Reactions: Mikestony
Upvote 0
There may be an app/widget in the GOOGLE PLAY STORE to simulate knock-on/off:

One cool feature of OPPO's COLOR O/S (FIND 7/N1/1+1 CHINESE VARIANT) is an app that does nothing more than turn the screen off.

Just place the shortcut on your desktop & a single tap turned off the screen.

Perhaps a developer out there somewhere has pulled this & put a similar functional app in the play store,it's worth a look...........

Like this?
I use the invisible widget for it:)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones