1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Knock on/off with different launcher?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Angus66, Sep 30, 2014.

1. Angus66

Angus66 Lurker

I've been playing around with several different launchers (Nova, ) the last couple of days but I can't get the knock on/off feature to work with any of them. I really enjoy the knock on/off so is there any launchers that retain it? Or any way to enable it through the settings menu?

Any help is appreciated! :)

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Klotar

Klotar Well-Known Member

Knock ON is a function of the PHONE, as the screen is off when you try to turn the phone on with knocks (so launcher is irrelevant). Knock OFF, on the other hand, does not work right out of the box with a launcher (i.e. knock in a blank space to turn device off), because what LOOKS blank to you and I really is not blank to the phone. That blank spot is skinned by the launcher but as far as the device is concerned, it isn't blank (that's why knocking on the notification bar works).

With Nova Launcher (Prime), when you have the paid version, it enables Gestures. You can set a gesture (double knock) to launch an application. Install the free Screen Off and Lock app from the play store and have Nova launch that app when you knock twice. This gives you the same effect as knock off with the native launcher / home screen.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.katecca.screenofflock

Disclaimer: works as described above on G2 but not sure about the G3 because I do not have one yet.

Mikestony likes this.
  3. Justafew

Justafew Newbie

When you use a different launcher, the only place you can tap on the screen to knock-off and turn off the screen is the notifcation panel. So in Nova, double-tap on top of the Battery/Network signal icons and it will turn the screen off.

Knock-on should still work unless you have replaced your lock screen with one from the Play Store.

breadnatty08 likes this.
  4. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique

^ Yep, it's what I use for my G2. Double tap is set up to launch the camera. But knock-on works just fine.

5. KOLIO

KOLIO Guest

There may be an app/widget in the GOOGLE PLAY STORE to simulate knock-on/off:

One cool feature of OPPO's COLOR O/S (FIND 7/N1/1+1 CHINESE VARIANT) is an app that does nothing more than turn the screen off.

Just place the shortcut on your desktop & a single tap turned off the screen.

Perhaps a developer out there somewhere has pulled this & put a similar functional app in the play store,it's worth a look...........

Mikestony likes this.
  6. Mikestony

Mikestony ~30% Carbon Black ±
    VIP Member

Like this?
    I use the invisible widget for it:)

LG G3 Forum

The LG G3 release date was June 2014. Features and Specs include a 5.5" inch screen, 13MP camera, 2/3GB RAM, Snapdragon 801 processor, and 3000mAh battery.

June 2014
Release Date
Reviews