1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Knox Yahoo and Hotmail emails not being pushed

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by androidexpat, Oct 17, 2013.

1. androidexpat

androidexpat Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2011
    I tried using Yahoo,Hotmail and Gmail on the Email that comes on Knox in the new Samsung Note 3. Even though the settings are set to push the only way I get the email is if I go in and manually hit the sync button. Anyone else have this problem? In settings the settings are set to push

Advertisement

2. androidexpat

Jan 8, 2011
    Anyone ever figure this one out? Seems like a problem when there are two emails accounts set up.

3. ovrrdrive

ovrrdrive Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    I don't think too many people have played with knox on their phones. I really don't think too many people know what knox is for either. I use the regular gmail for two accounts and they both push just fine for me. I removed knox from my phone after it started throwing the false warning notification to everyone. I don't have a use for it.

4. tenyc424

tenyc424 Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2011
    When you set up your email account did you select the automatic push? When I set up my email I choose a different option and wondered why emails were not coming in, thought it was a phone problem. Turns out it was on manual push. I selected the auto push and it's working fine now. I would check your email settings again.

5. androidexpat

Jan 8, 2011

On Push. Did you try it with just 1 account set up or 2 accounts set up? Seems to work at times when just 1 account is set up but not if 2 accounts are set up...:thinking:

6. tenyc424

tenyc424 Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2011
    I set 3 email accounts my primary has the auto push and the other two I had it push every five minutes. Seems to workout for me.