• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Kodi issue

DrozeX

Lurker
Feb 27, 2017
Hello Guys,

I have a smart tv (masimo) with android 4.4.4
And i cant to install kodi on it, get the following from google play:
Isnt compatible with your device

I tried also to install apk but "unknown sources" feature is missing and i dont have an access to enable it.

Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks.

The latest version of KODI isn't compatible with Android 4.

So, you have two choices... Upgrade the OS of your TV to AT LEAST Android 5 or SIDELOAD a workable version of KODI.

I'm guessing that you can't upgrade your TV so you want to find the KODI 15 or 16 .APK and install that from a USB stick or memory card.

That's your homework project - get to it!

Reactions: mikedt
Upvote 0
If the thing has been locked out, and you can't sideload apps, best thing would be to enquire with the supplier or manufacturer of the device. If there's absolutely nothing in settings and/or it's disabled, there's probably nothing else you can do.

Be aware, these boxes are really cheapo, and don't have much support, if any.

Although "problem parsing the package" can mean it's incompatible or the apk file is corrupted or truncated and needs to be downloaded again.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones