1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Kogan Agora 55" Tv Android modify start screen help

Discussion in 'TV & Video' started by evilstuie, Dec 14, 2014.

1. evilstuie

evilstuie Lurker
    None

Dec 14, 2014
    Male
    Hi Guys,

My first Android device is a Kogan Agora 55" UHD TV and I'm struggling to find whether or not I can change the layout of the start screen.

Currently it has the selected input playing in a small box, with some shortcuts to some apps etc.

What I would like to do is have the input playing on the small box, a stream from my IP cam playing in another box, move the icons and shortcuts around a bit, and change the background to my own customer selection.

The manual has no information on the Android OS, and I can't find any options from pressing buttons on the remote or in the settings.
    Does anyone know if this can be done, and how involved it would be to do so?
    Its running 4.2 jellybean I think. Is it possible to upgrade to Lollipop?

Advertisement

2. evilstuie

evilstuie Lurker
    None

Dec 14, 2014
    Male
    Awesome, a wealth of info on here...

3. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Sep 22, 2010
    Teachaaa
    Jinan, China
    There's probably because there is no info available. Presumably this is a Chinese, Android smart-TV. Usually the manufacturers do lock them down. Android is an embedded OS here, and the manufacturer can change, skin and customize it any way they like. The manual just tells you how to use the TV, as most of them do.

For any firmware upgrades you'd have to check with Kogan, although the TV itself could have been manufactured by someone like Konka, Changhong, TCL, Hisense, etc.

Most Android TVs are 4.1, 4.2 or 4.3, some are even 2.3 Gingerbread. Basically because you don't really need 5.0 Lollipop to stream TV channels and watch movies, check email, surf the web and install a few games or something. Which is probably what most people do with smart-TVs.

#3 mikedt, Jan 5, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2015