1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Root Kouma Kernel stuck

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by js32m, Jan 26, 2013.

1. js32m

js32m New Member

Jan 13, 2013
    Male
    I rooted my prevail a couple of weeks ago and how very few problems. I used CT 3.75.2 with koumakernel 2.5 using a 8gb sd class 4. I bought a 32gb class 10 and went thru the same steps and when I get to the step to change the sd to data and reboot, the phone is stuck with the screen of kouma kernel 2.5. It does nothing until I pull the battery out and reset the phone. what can I do?

Then I try to format /sd-text I get an error formatting /sd-ext!

then whole thing reads "Formatting /sd-ext..., E:format-volume: make_extf4fs fa block/mmcblk0p2 Error formatting /sd-ext!

WHY

Advertisement

2. vce2005

vce2005 Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2012
    Male
    Clovis, NM
    Hi,

flash CTMod again, boot up your phone, partition your sd-card in the CTMod settings ( Partition Info ), then change to DATA in the kernel settings and THEN IMMEDIATELY reboot into "RECOVERY" and re-format your sdext again!!

Hope this helps ! :)

3. zachary80

zachary80 Well-Known Member

May 20, 2012
    USA
    You're not the only one, it may be a problem with certain cards, although it worked on my original card until I tried to upgrade and now it works on none of mine. Personally I would suggest just running it with CTMod and without Kouma Kernel settings until you have some more time to troubleshoot, that is what I'm doing until I have time to give it another shot with SDParter this time.

Here is another thread about the same issue (which you seem to have already posted in):
    http://androidforums.com/galaxy-pre...8-stuck-splash-screen-kouma-kernel-2-5-a.html