1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Krickett and ROOT

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by N00B Moment, Mar 30, 2011.

1. N00B Moment

N00B Moment Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 14, 2009
    I have my old Moment and plan on giving it to my stepson who has no phone at the moment. He plans to have Krickett flash it for him and run it off their network. Now I have rooted this phone previously using Sprints updater and all that but how would I acheive root using Krickett? My stepson wants to run mainly easy teather for more flixible internet

Any suggestions?

Advertisement

2. someguyatx

someguyatx Well-Known Member
    None

Sep 21, 2010
    Is that Cricket the pay as you go phone. Anyhow if they are going to flash it for you cant you just use joeykrims root after its flashed then load a different kernel that supports tethering?

3. N00B Moment

N00B Moment Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 14, 2009

If I remember correctly, dont you have to use the sprint updater to flash joeys recovery? Then after your in recovery mode you can just drop the other file to root and run the file in recovery and your done. I THINK thats how I done it.

But yeah your right, Kricket is the pay as you go type service. I learned a while back that Sprint phones can be flashed and used on their network and Kricket reps are glad to flash it and take your 40 bucks for doing it.

4. someguyatx

someguyatx Well-Known Member
    None

Sep 21, 2010
    Yep I remember using the sprint updater to flash stock DJ07 then to flash recovery but I applied root zip from recovery. This thread has good directions

[HOW TO] Get Deodexed Rooted Stock DJ07 & BEYOND!

I would just let Cricket flash the phone and assuming its just a variation on stock DJ07 you should be able to flash recovery and root access after they are done.

Samsung Moment

The Samsung Moment was one of the first Android Phones with a slideout keyboard.