• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Kyocera Dura Force Pro 2 Bugs

So I'm a long time Kyocera Dura Force user. Love the phone but bought a new one in March from Verizon. Initially it was great then came the shove down your throat updates. Now my phone rings twice over itself, volume turns itself down, if I miss a call display shows I missed 2 calls from the same caller at the same time. Got replacement phone that does the same thing. Verizon tier 3 support duplicated the issue on their same phone. I constantly miss calls because volume turns itself down on ringer and text notifications. Verizon says software update issues since their phone did it too. Kyocera says nothing wrong. I sent my phone in with a video showing the problems, but nothing is wrong they say... Anyone elses Dura Force Pro 2 doing this?

Mine definitely turns the volume down randomly. I also dont get text message notifications, unless I open the messaging app itself. I cant update it either. I have used Verizon's software tool, but that doesnt work either. I cant find any firmware at all for this phone as well. I have been able to get it into EDL mode, but really cant do much. The phone is a beast, but without root, and the optimization that comes with root, I will not continue with Kyocera in the future. i just factory reset it. Kyocera support sucks pretty bad too.

Upvote 0
Yesterday My alarm went off but it didn't show up on screen like it normally does so I can turn it off, I had to open the app to shut it off. Today the alarm just didn't work. I checked the volume and it was up all the way. I've also had issues with apps (Chrome, Facebook, Twitter, games, phone) closing on their own. This seems to have started with the last update. I have done a factory reset, but they still close on their own and update status says I'm up to date. Be glad when enough people have these problems and they fix it.

Upvote 0
One day, I opened my Dura Force Pro to find my only option was factory reset. Called Verizon (no help). I reset it and reloaded all apps, contacts which takes time and is annoying.

1. Now, I find it somehow sets itself to "do not disturb", which I have never concisely used and very annoying. 2. Keeping in mind I have a code for screen activation and yet while it was in my pocket my phone makes a Duo call with 3 people. 3. The phone opens random apps while in my pocket. Hotkeys are assigned to camera and flashlight... Anyone have any thoughts on these glitches?

Upvote 0
Picked up 2 of these phones for $900 each from Verizon April. Within 14 days the first one screen cracked while in my pocket however prior to that both have the screen wobble and would lock up randomly browsing or just in the app selection screen. After the screen broke I got a new different phone. My wifes has been ok aside from the frequently random lockups and screen wobbles until yesterday... Yesterday her phone just turned off and never came back on after a phone call. These have been the single handedly worst decision in a phone purchase I have ever made. After days of research and reviews trying to find a durable phone i have ended up with a lawsuit against verizon and kyrocera for lost time and data. The worst part is we had made the purchase to ensure our new sons photos and video memories would be secure and protected. What a disaster we happened across this absolute foreign GARBAGE.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones